Kia Ora and Welcome
Your interest shows that you believe your organisation could benefit by having volunteers to assist in the valuable work that you do in the community. The focus of the Volunteer Centre is to help you find the right person for the positions you have available.
Here's an outline of the basic criteria for organisations:
- The Volunteer Centre shall register for volunteer referral any non-profit or charitable organisations or groups, but not individuals, offering volunteer placement provided that such groups offer reasonable volunteer employment policies. Reasonable volunteer employment policies shall include job descriptions, training, supervision and support, where appropriate.
- Organisations not conforming to legislation on human rights will not qualify for registration with the Volunteer Centre.
- Client agencies shall be required to provide a referral contact and relevant information for volunteer placement.
- If required for the financial operation of the Volunteer Centre, charges to client organisations for services may be made. Such charges shall be flexible and as approved by the Board from time to time.
- Volunteers shall be referred to organisations to supplement, extend or reinforce services, and shall not take the place of paid staff or fill positions for which funding is available.
- It is the responsibility of the client organisations to formulate their own insurance policies for volunteers. The Volunteer Centre will not accept any responsibility in this area.
- The decision to place a volunteer is the responsibility of the client organisation. Gisborne Volunteer Centre does not accept responsibility for the performance of the volunteers or for the accuracy of the information supplied by the volunteers.
If you do not meet all of the above criteria - please get in touch. The Gisborne Volunteer Centre is happy to provide information and support to strengthen your volunteer programme, and help you move towards meeting our membership requirements.